Your activism for animals has yielded real and tangible results against the CFD (Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo). By responding to our previous alerts, you helped accomplish the following:
- Last year, the US Navy Seals parachuted into the CFD rodeo arena. This year, however, after receiving your calls and complaints, the Seals chose not to return.
- While the USAF Thunderbirds still performed in Cheyenne and showed up very briefly on the rodeo grounds in a wagon, they were not introduced and interviewed as before, meaning their presence was greatly reduced. We will continue to expose them until they stop supporting this vile rodeo abuse altogether, as this is our tax money supporting rodeo abuse instead of helping troops in the war zones.
- Starbucks was previously a sponsor of the CFD rodeo and thanks to your calls, e-mails and faxes they aren't anymore.
- Campbell's Soup/Pace Foods was a previous sponsor of CFD and again thanks to you, they aren't anymore.
- Thanks to your calls and emails, for the second year in a row the Denver Broncos have NOT shown up at the rodeo.
Don't underestimate the power of your calls, e-mail and faxes on issues. You have proven time and time again the pressure you create does force change for the animals.
Please keep up the great work for the animals!