[Ed. Note: This is not a political article; it's an anti-hunting article.]
By Jim Robertson,
Animals in the Wild,
the Big Game and author of
Exposing the Big Game Living Targets of a Dying Sport
A bowhunter could soon be the U.S. Vice President!!!
Spread the word–Mitt Romney’s choice for running mate is an avid, diehard
trophy deer hunter.
“Diehard” is more than a euphemism, in this case it has a double meaning. Unfortunately it’s the deer who literally die hard, thanks to Ryan’s chosen hobby.
According to the blaze.com, ‘He’s an avid bow hunter who emails from the brush as he waits for deer.’
Number 10 of the US News list of “10 Things You Didn’t Know about Paul Ryan whose hobbies include hunting and fishing. He is a bowhunter and belongs to his hometown’s archery association, the Janesville Bowmen.
“I butcher my own deer,
grind the meat, stuff it in casings and then smoke it,” Ryan told Politico.
Here’s Paul Ryan’s Voting Record on the Environment:
- Voted NO on protecting free-roaming horses and burros. (Jul 2009)
- Voted NO on environmental education grants for outdoor experiences. (Sep 2008)
- Voted NO on $9.7B for Amtrak improvements and operation thru 2013. (Jun 2008)
- Voted NO on increasing AMTRAK funding by adding $214M to $900M. (Jun 2006)
- Voted NO on barring website promoting Yucca Mountain nuclear waste dump. (May 2006)
- Voted YES on deauthorizing “critical habitat” for endangered species. (Sep 2005)
- Voted YES on speeding up approval of forest thinning projects. (Nov 2003)
- Rated 10% by the League of Conservation Voters, indicating anti-environment votes. (Dec 2003)
- Inter-state compact for Great Lakes water resources. (Jul 2008)
- Make tax deduction permanent for conservation easements. (Mar 2009)
- Rated 13% by HSLF, indicating an anti-animal welfare voting record. (Jan 2012)
And here’s Paul Ryan’s “hobby”: