[Ed. Note: Please also read Inside a Turkey Factory.]
A breaking Mercy For Animals investigation is blowing the lid off of Butterball! Right now, law enforcement authorities are raiding a Butterball turkey factory farm in North Carolina after MFA's latest undercover investigation documented a pattern of shocking animal abuse and neglect.
Hidden-camera footage [Butterball Abuse] taken during MFA's undercover investigation at Butterball reveals:
- Workers violently kicking and stomping on birds, dragging them by their fragile wings and necks, and maliciously throwing turkeys onto the ground or into transport trucks in full view of company management;
- Employees bashing in the heads of live birds with metal bars, leaving many to slowly suffer and die from their injuries;
- Turkeys covered in flies, living in their own waste, with some unable to access food or water and suffering from severe feather loss;
- Birds suffering from serious untreated illnesses and injuries, including open sores, infections, rotting eyes, and broken bones; and
- Severely injured turkeys, unable to stand up or walk, left to die without any veterinary care, because treating sick or injured birds was too costly and time consuming, as the farm manager explained to MFA's investigator.