Vegan - Vegetarian - Human Rights - Animal Rights - People - Animals - Love - Compassion - Peace - Justice - Righteousness - God - Bible - Jewish - Christian - Jesus - Christ - Holy Spirit - Soul - Spirit - Wisdom - Knowledge - Environment
Agenda for a New America
The Politics of Vegetarianism
By: Vasu Murti
Chapter 20 - Conclusion and Bibliography
In the long run, we are all going to be vegetarians. Doubtless through further exploitation of the environment, we can prolong the period in our history in which we think it is necessary to kill animals for food. But the ecological limitations of this procedure will soon make manifest to all that a vegetarian economy is both necessary and desirable.
Only a small minority of the world's citizens will ever be able to consume meat at current American levels: the resources to support a more intensive livestock agriculture simply don't exist. We will probably not feel the real effects of our present actions in the realm of agriculture for another twenty or thirty years. In the interim, things will merely become slightly less pleasant, year after year. To continue to maintain a meat economy can only make matters increasingly difficult for everyone, and can only adversely affect the goals of health for everyone and world peace.
SAVE EARTH NOW !!
- Carol J. Adams' The Sexual Politics of Meat
- Keith Akers' A Vegetarian Sourcebook
- Animal's Voice
- Dr. Louis Berman's Vegetarianism and the Jewish Tradition
- Rynn Berry, Jr.'s The Vegetarians
- Bhaktivedanta Book Trust--Origins
- B.R. Boyd's The New Abolitionists
- Peter Burwash's A Vegetarian Primer
- Peter Cox's Why You Don't Need Meat (UK)
- Satyaraja Dasa's The Four Regulative Principles of Freedom
- Rose Evans' Friends of All Creatures
- Rev. J. Ferrier's On Behalf of the Creatures
- Dudley Giehl's Vegetarianism: a Way of Life
- Dick Gregory's Cooking with Mother Nature for Folks Who Eat
- Dr. John Kellogg's The Natural Diet of Man
- Reverend Andrew Linzey's Christianity and the Rights of Animals
- Dr. John McDougall's The McDougall Plan
- Barbara Parham's What's Wrong With Eating Meat?
- Psychology Today--Jan. 1988
- Lewis Regenstein's Replenish the Earth
- John Robbins' Diet for a New America and May All be Fed
- Dr. Richard Schwartz's Judaism and Vegetarianism
- Peter Singer's Animal Liberation
- Jon-Wynne Tyson's Food for a Future
Return to The Politics of Vegetarianism Table of Contents
| Home Page | Article Archives |
| Home Page | Animal Issues | Archive | Art and Photos | Articles | Bible | Books | Church and Religion | Discussions | Health | Humor | Letters | Links | Poetry and Stories | Quotations | Recipes | Site Search | What's New? |
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.