Submitted by: Yuri Klitsenko
Strange things are happening in Murom after midnight. Flying reptiles used to visit Russian women, so every narrow hole in the room needed to be sprinkled with holy water to save a woman from these night visitors.
And some monks had too close of a relationship with mermaids. Now a ghost of an unworthy monk in the boat can be seen at the lake of the sunken monastery.
And late at night, visions of the main cathedral, destroyed by communists in 1939, can be seen in the centre of Murom, in the park above Oka river.
"The investment project offers installation of a memorable mark at the place of one of the main relics of Murom - the Cathedral of the Nativity of Our Lady. Before closing the cathedral in its walls there was the shrine of the relics of St. princes and miracle men Peter and Fevronia of Murom, the patrons of a happy marriage (spoilage) and family well-being esteemed by all orthodox world sacred power. The main cathedral of Murom was destroyed in 1939. The recreation park "Oksky" a favourite place of rest of the inhabitants is located at that place now. Tasks of the investment project: Maintenance of image of Murom as ancient orthodox city. Attraction of tourists for rest and spiritual development".
1) Dogs of Pious Agrik
2) St. Fevronia & Hare
3) Hare which looks like a dozing cat, but tale is clearly hare's
St. Seraphim's Sarov and Diveevo are actually not very far from Murom forests.
Yuri Klitsenko is a Russian living in Moscow. He works for the Russian Orthodox Church.