These vegan health articles are presented to assist you in taking a pro-active part in your own health.
1. National Research Council (US) Committee on Diet and Health. Diet and health: implications for reducing chronic disease risklCommittee on Diet and Health, Food and Nutrition Board, Commission on Life Sciences, National Research Council, Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1989.
2. Castelli W. From the desk of William P. Castelli, Medical Director, Framing- ham Cardiovascular Institute, Framingharn. MA. Prevention 1996;48:61--64. 3. Temple Ni, Burkitt DP. Western Diseases--Their Dietary Prevention and Reversibility. Totowa, New Jersey: Hurnana Press; 1994.
4. Chen 1, Campbell TC. Li 3, Peto R. Diet, Lifestyle, and Mortality in China. A Study of the Characteristics of 6S Chinese Counties. Oxford, UK; Ithaca, NY; Beijing, PRC: Oxford University Press, Cornell University Press, People's Medical Publishing House, 1990.
5. Berenson GS, Wattigney WA, Tracy RE, Newman WP Ill. Srinivaaan SR. Webber LS, Dalferes ER Jr, Strong JP. Atherosclerosis of the aorta and coronary artesies and cardiovascular risk factors in persons aged 6 to 30 years and studied at necropsy (The Bogalusa Heart Study). Am J Cardiol 1992;70:851-- 858. 6. Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study Group. Randomised trial of choles terol lowering in 4444 patients with coronary heart disease: the Scandinavian Simvastatin Survival Study (4S). Lancet 1994;344:1383--1389.
7. Shepherd 3, Cobbe SM, Ford t, Isles CG, Lormier AR, Macfarlane PW, MeKittop JE. Packard CJ. Prevention of CHD with pravastatin in men with hypercholesterolemia. N Engi J Med 1995;333:1301--1307.
8. Sacks FM, Pfeffer MA, Moye LA, Rouleau JL. Rutherford JD, Cole TG. Brown L, Warnica 1W, Arnold IMO, Wun C, Davis BR, Braunwald E. The effect of pravastatin on coronary events after MI us patients with average cholesterol levels. N Engi J Med 1996;335: 1001--1009.
9. Post-Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Trial Investigators. The effect of aggres sive lowering of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels and low-dose antico agulation on obstructive changes in saphenous-vein coronary-artery bypass grafts. N Engi J Med 1997;336:153--162.
We began this archive as a means of assisting our visitors in answering many of their health and diet questions, and in encouraging them to take a pro-active part in their own health. We believe the articles and information contained herein are true, but are not presenting them as advice. We, personally, have found that a whole food vegan diet has helped our own health, and simply wish to share with others the things we have found. Each of us must make our own decisions, for it's our own body. If you have a health problem, see your own physician.