invited to join
by HOPE to the global animal rights community
We've all asked at some point, "Wouldn't it be powerful for all groups of
like mind from coast to coast to collectively wage a single coordinated
campaign against a single adversary?" Thus was born the concept of
the Global Anti-Hunting Coalition.
In the seven months between August 29, 2003, and April 2, 2004, wildlife
preservationist and anti-hunting campaigner Anthony Marr, with
best-selling vegan author Brenda Davis and her son Cory Davis, will be
conducting the Compassion for Animals Road Expedition
through 40 U.S. states and four Canadian provinces (see
http://www.hope-care.org/ for the
One of CARE's main objectives is to form
the American chapter of the Global Anti-Hunting Coalition. Anthony
Marr will be holding meetings with the directors and giving presentations
to the members of interested animal advocacy groups en route to discuss
participation, campaigns, strategy and tactics.
The first campaign of the Global Anti-Hunting Coalition will be to apply
external pressure on Canada focusing on its:
1. East Coast Commercial Harp Seal Hunt (current quota - 325,000/year -
the largest marine mammal hunt in the world, known as "Canada's Shame").
2. Western Canada Grizzly Bear Trophy Hunt (current quota ~300/year plus
poaching deaths of ~300 out of a hotly debated estimated population of
3. West Coast Commercial Harbour Seal Hunt (currently being tabled in
parliament - quota: an incredible 50,000/year out of a total estimated
4. West Coast Grey Whale Hunt (currently being planned).
5. Central Canada Gopher Derby (2002 kill - ~60,000).
6. Eastern Arctic Bowhead Whale (endangered) Hunt.
7. Trophy hunting and fur trapping (a passive-aggressive form of hunting)
If the Coalition finds the above too diffuse, the focus could be sharpened
- thus the strategizing. Nonetheless, the adversary is only one -
Canadian hunting/trapping practices.
Groups need not have anti-hunting mandates in order to join. A vegan
group, for example, is presumably intrinsically anti-animal-abuse, and
therefore implicitly against hunting and trapping.
To join the Global Anti-Hunting Coalition, or if you have any questions,
or if you wish to meet with Anthony Marr or arrange a presentation for him
during the CARE tour, please contact him at 604-222-1169 or toll-free
Anthony-Marr at HOPE-CARE.org
Return to Anti Trophy Hunting