© by Joyce C. Lock
"Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus" is a song that's been calling Christians for generations. The scriptures tell us to stand against evil, wherever we find it. For many, it seems we're just starting to get the idea (Je. 23:22).
It's wonderful to see Christians speaking out. Though, let us be reminded that our stand is also to be in our community, church, work, schools, home, and with friends ... wherever evil is. We're called to be peculiar people (in the world, without being like the world) and we've failed.
Christians carry the blame for America's problems. It's our heart that isn't humble, our laziness to pray, our not seeking God on every issue, our way that is wicked, and our sins that need forgiven ... (2 Ch. 7:14) ... only then can we begin to walk in righteousness, stand by faith, create a clean heart, & heal our land.
We must also be careful that we stand in the right way, for the right reason;
Choosing our stand carefully, modeling Jesus.
(2) Examining our heart and motives, along with God's direction, that we bring glory & honor to Him.
(3) To never attack people, Satan being the enemy.
(4) To put aside religious differences for the sake of unity (united we stand, divided we fall).
(5) To never think ourselves higher (only by the grace of God when it isn't me).
(6) To rejoice in each other's victories without name calling, envy, or competition (we're on the same side).
(7) To think of our neighbor in every way, as if he were us.
(8) To pray for friends that offend, as well as foes (Jb 42:10).
We can make a difference once we decide to be the difference,
then do it all for the glory of God.
It begins within "OUR" heart.