Vegan In Three Months (with God’s help)
True Christian living requires us to live according to Kingdom standards which bring Heaven to earth
By Alexandra Raen
WHY 3 MONTHS? It takes this long for a new taste bud to develop before it is mature enough to represent the newly learned tastes as the preferred taste.
And his servants came near [Naaman], and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean? Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean. (2 Kings 5:13-14)
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. (Genesis 1:29)
BUT THESE 10 STEPS ARE TOO SIMPLE MINDED! Can we afford ignoring this very simple request (Genesis 1:29) of our Creator when choosing how we maintain our bodies, minds and souls? Or are we going to reason like Naaman and his servants - what is there to loose by embracing such a pure and simple diet?
STEP 1: WATER
Water intake distributes all the essential nutrients to all the organs, while removing the toxins. It also helps your body to metabolise stored fat so it is crucial for weight management. Aim for 6-8 glasses of water per day.
TIPS for drinking more water
- Water down fruit juices, until you are ready to give up all pasteurised and processed fruit juices.
- Have a bottle of water or a carafe of water with you where ever you are. This allows you to relearn the ability to drink water when you feel thirsty.
- Add a dash of lemon or lime to your water for variety.
- Fruit & Veg Smoothies contains 90% water, thus drink these freely.
- Go for herbal teas instead of tea and coffee.
- Drink an extra glass of water for every cup of tea or coffee or unit of alcohol in order to undo the dehydration caused by the tea, coffee and alcohol. Aim to eliminate tea, coffee and alcohol.
STEP 2: CARBOHYDRATES
There are two types of carbohydrates: complex and simple carbohydrates. Examples of complex carbohydrates are vegetables, whole grains, legumes, peas and beans. Whereas white flour, white sugar, fruit and fruit juices make up the simple carbohydrates.
TIPS for eating carbohydrates
- Eat plenty of unrefined complex carbohydrates: whole-grain bread, whole-grain cereal, brown rice, oats, millet, buckwheat, corn, etc and 5 or more portions of fruit & veg.
- Avoid whole-grain breads and cereal products with the ingredient lactose in it as it is a sugar derived from cow’s milk.
- Aim to eliminate refined simple carbohydrates: refined white sugar, white flour, white bread, white pasta, refined cereals, biscuits, puddings, cakes, and soft fizzy drinks.
STEP 3: FIBRE
Fibre is vital for keeping the whole body in optimum condition by clearing out the toxins and old hormone residues, etc. and ensuring that good nutrition gets in. Go for high-fibre whole foods.
TIPS for eating fibre
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Sources of fibre includes whole-grains (rice, oats, bread), beans, nuts, sprouts and seeds.
For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well. (Acts 15:28,29)
BLOOD IN MEAT? It is impossible to have bloodless meat from the hapless animals that has been slaughtered in a slaughter house.
STEP 4: PROTEIN
Protein provides the body with an even supply of amino acids for building and repairing cells, for manufacturing hormones and for ensuring healthy organs. It also helps maintain blood sugar balances in the body.
TIPS for eating protein
- Unlike fat the body cannot store protein, thus eat a small amount of good-quality protein during at least two meals per day.
- Sources of protein includes pulses, beans, soya beans, nuts, seeds, quinoa, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, lentils, nuts, sprouts, etc.
- Avoid processed products with the ingredient whey in, as it is a protein derived from cow’s milk.
The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 65:25)
IS MEAT EATING CRUEL? Most people who give up eating meat do so because they are concerned about the suffering involved during the ‘production’ of meat. As the above mentioned verse indicate there will be no meat in the hereafter. BUT WHAT ABOUT OTHER ANIMAL PRODUCTS? Sadly, all animal products involve the suffering of animals.
STEP 5: FAT
The saturated fats in red meat and poultry produce inflammatory prostaglandins (hormone-like substances) which can trigger a host of fertility and other hormonal related problems (even endometriosis). If you do not eat enough good fats (EFAs) on the other hand, your hormone production will be compromised. The risks of heart-disease, stroke, and high blood pressure cause by saturated fats in red meat and poultry is common knowledge and proven many times over in a host of different studies.
TIPS for eating fat
- It can take up to 3 months to build up your body’s fat store with good fats, so make sure you eat some every day.
- Good sources include cold-pressed organic oil (flax seed, extra virgin olive, hemp seed, safflower etc.), nuts, seeds, avocado, sprouts, etc.
- Aim to eliminate biscuits, chips, pastries, cakes, fried foods, red meat and poultry, processed ready meals, etc. as they contain TFAs (trans fatty acids) which interferes with normal cell functioning.
STEP 6: DAIRY
Lactose appears to be the culprit behind many health issues ranging from diarrhoea, constipation, skin problems like itchy skin, rashes, joint & muscle pains, head aches, sinus problems, rhinitis (constant runny nose) to bloating, flatulence and hormonal problems, as most humans do not have what it takes to digest the breast milk of cows. A further issue is the way in which it is produced. Cows are artificially inseminated in order to keep on producing milk. Thus dairy cows are pregnant while being milked for human consumption. High levels of hormones, especially oestrogen is found in the milk, thus it is equivalent taking a supplement of the hormone oestrogen when using dairy products when most of us do not need to orally take extra oestrogen as our body is capable of manufacturing the required level of oestrogen for itself.
TIPS for consuming dairy products
- Aim to eliminate dairy products.
- More easily absorbed than cow’s milk and good quality calcium sources include sesame seeds, all nuts and seeds, sprouts, green leafy vegetables, tofu, etc.
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? (1Corinthians 6:19)
KEEPING MY BODY PURE IT SAYS SO THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN DWELL IN ME AS HIS CHILD? HAVE I GOT THAT RIGHT? Yes! Well Done!
STEP 7: READ FOOD LABELS
There are so many colourings, preservatives, flavourings, enhancers, emulsifiers, thickeners added to food today; that it is prove how wonderfully our bodies are as the human race still survives while taking these toxins! However, who wants to merely survive and pay the price through ill health?
Natural flavourings not only taste the best but are the best for you and the animals! Good sources include fresh and dried herbs and spices, ginger, lemon juice, miso (soya bean paste), mustard, arrowroot (for thickening), tamari (soya sauce – make sure it is one without monosodium glutamate), etc.
STEP 8: EXERCISE AND REST
Exercise strengthens the muscles, reduce stress, help the body get rid of impurities, enhances a person’s positive outlook on life, aids digestion, improves circulation, speeds up metabolism, increases vitality, maintains the functioning of organs, and much more.
“…on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.”(Genesis 2:2)
God rested after all He created. We must learn to do the same. Two hours of sleep before midnight are worth 4 hours after. Quality sleep purifies the body and it gives time for cells, muscles and organs to recuperate.
STEP 9: QUANTITIES
Eat little and often rather than one or two big meals per day to keep your blood sugar levels balanced. Choose vegan organic wherever possible. Follow the rainbow rule for optimum health benefits when choosing your daily fruit & veg servings, as the bright colours in fruit comes from phytochemicals, each colour having specific nutrients and protects the body against cancer. Never skip breakfast!
- FRUIT & VEG (5 or more servings per day)
- WHOLE-GRAINS (eat every day)
- PROTEIN (2-3 servings per day)
- FATS (5-7 teaspoons per day)
- WATER (6-8 glasses per day)
STEP 10: SNACKING
- Crisp raw veg cut up (celery, carrots, cucumber, pepper, green beans, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, etc) served with a dip of salsa, hummus or guacamole.
- Fruit skewers (for example strawberries, banana, red grapes, kiwi fruit, nectarines – all cut into chunks)
- Celery sticks (6-8cm long) topped with sultanas or other dried fruit and chopped nuts.
- Fruit or Veg Smoothies
- Handful of seeds or nuts with fresh fruit in season. (Cut in half or dice apples, oranges, bananas, peaches, grapefruit, grapes, melons, plums, strawberries, etc.)
- A mixture of nuts and dried fruit.
- Whole wheat, spelt or rye crackers with mashed avocado & sun-dried tomato or banana & cinnamon.
- Pitta bread with herb and mushroom paste and a slice of tomato.
- Wholefood seed or nut oat flapjack.
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. (1 Corinthians 11:3)
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge
“…let them give us pulse to eat, and water to drink. …Thus Melzar took away the portion of their meat, and the wine that they should drink; and gave them pulse.…And in all matters of wisdom and understanding that the king enquired of them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers that were in all his realm" (Daniel 1:12-20)
ARE YOU PREPARED TO CHOOSE GOD’s SIMPLE WAY AND REAP THE REWARDS?
See Our Readers' Comments
Your comments are
| Table of Contents |
| Home Page | Animal Issues | Archive | Art and Photos | Articles | Bible | Books | Church and Religion | Discussions | Health | Humor | Letters | Links | Nature Studies | Poetry and Stories | Quotations | Recipes | What's New? |
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org. All Creatures Guide to Kingdom Living includes such subjects as: life, heaven, earth,
peace, justice, Bible study, discussion, commentary, God, Christ, Christian, Jewish,
Jesus, Holy Spirit, vegetarian, vegetarianism, vegan, veganism, cruelty free, love,
compassion, lifestyle, Bible, recipes, sermons, stories, animals, animal rights, Judeo
Christian, health, ethical, environment, living, meditation, perfection, prolife,
pro life, pro-life, abortion, capital punishment, war, hunting, fishing,
trapping, farm, farming, factory, fur, meat, milk, dairy, slaughter, cattle,
beef, pork, chicken, poultry, hens, battery, debeaking
All Creatures Guide to Kingdom Living includes such subjects as: life, heaven, earth, peace, justice, Bible study, discussion, commentary, God, Christ, Christian, Jewish, Jesus, Holy Spirit, vegetarian, vegetarianism, vegan, veganism, cruelty free, love, compassion, lifestyle, Bible, recipes, sermons, stories, animals, animal rights, Judeo Christian, health, ethical, environment, living, meditation, perfection, prolife, pro life, pro-life, abortion, capital punishment, war, hunting, fishing, trapping, farm, farming, factory, fur, meat, milk, dairy, slaughter, cattle, beef, pork, chicken, poultry, hens, battery, debeaking