Ourselves in the Foot: The Sanitizing of Violence in Our Society Article Series
Throughout the ages, we have accepted killing, violence,
and violent behavior as just being a part of life. We talk about peace and
love and compassion, yet at the same time we glorify violence, when in fact the
two are opposites and fight against one another. We glorify war and
weaponry. We take pleasure in blood sports: the hunting of animals, bull
and cock fights, and fishing. Our games of "sport" attract the most
attention when they contain violence and destruction as in boxing, wrestling,
hockey, and auto racing. Even our diets are based on violence and death.
And to top it all off, the religious community has buried its collective head in
the sand, and either ignores the problem, or contributes to it. In this
publication, we will explore these and other related topics, and hopefully
suggest ways of bringing healing to a world gone mad.
Table of Contents
- A NEW AMERICAN REVOLUTION
- ANIMAL ABUSE AND HUMAN ABUSE: Partners In Crime
- ANIMAL ABUSE: The killing of a Bull
- Callous Clergy Corrupt Churches: Rev. Richard Ross of St. Bernard Catholic Church
- CHANGING ATTITUDES: Why I Quit Hunting
- CHURCH VIOLENCE: Is the Term "Christian Bullfighter" an Oxymoron?
- CHURCH VIOLENCE: Are they Missionaries or Mercenaries?
- CHURCH VIOLENCE: Missionaries Deported for Illegal Hunting
- CHURCH VIOLENCE - DOCTRINALLY SANCTIONED: Aquinas, Animal Rights, and Christianity
- CHILDREN KILLING ANIMALS: The Killing of the Ilderton Goat
- COVENANT BREAKING: God's Original Intent
- David Ludwig: A Case of Violent Results from Being Taught Violence
- DOING VIOLENCE TO OUR CHILDREN'S FAITH AND SENSITIVITIES: The Jim Mason Story
- Environmentalism Promotes Violence on Designated "Aliens"
- ENVIRONMENTAL VIOLENCE FROM AGRICULTURE - The Attack of the Flies
- Erosion of Moral Values in Russia
- Hardening Hearts Through Slaughter
- How Parents, Society and the Educational System Foster Psychopathic Behavior in Kids
- HUNTING AND VIOLENCE: Its Connection to Domestic Violence
- HUNTING AND VIOLENCE: You Shall Shoot Your Neighbor
- LOVE OF MONEY: The Forced Molting of Hens
- LOVE OF MONEY: Mountains of Misery: The Holocaust of Foot-and-Mouth Disease
- LOVE OF MONEY: The Killing of Male Chicks
- LOVE OF MONEY: The Killing of 22,000,000 Monarch Butterflies
- LOVE OF MONEY: Participating in the Cruelty of Bullfighting
- MEDICAL RESEARCH: The Story of Malish, the Tormented Macaque
- PLAGUE UPON DEPRAVITY: An Overview
- PLAGUE UPON DEPRAVITY: 750,000 Die Needlessly
- PLAGUE UPON DEPRAVITY: Foot and Mouth Disease
- PSYCHOLOGY OF CRUELTY: Neither Victim nor Perpetrator: Beyond Animal Sacrifice
- SANITIZED ADVERTISING: The Foie Gras Lie
- SANITIZED ADVERTISING: The Hatfield Pig
- SCHOOL VIOLENCE AND KILLING: Shooting in Springfield, OR - Kip Kinkel
- TEACHING VIOLENCE AND KILLING: Carbon Canyon Christian School
- TEACHING VIOLENCE AND KILLING A 3-1/2 Year Old Learns His Lesson
- TEACHING VIOLENCE AND KILLING: "All animal rights people should be shot"
- TEACHING VIOLENCE AND KILLING: "Catch a Smile" - National Fishing Week Motto
- TEACHING VIOLENCE AND KILLING: "The State of New York"
- THE MAKAH INDIAN NATION: Whale Hunters? Murderers?
- TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT: The Beating of Huntingdon Life Sciences' Executive
- VIOLENCE ON OUR BACK: "Dog Fur"
- VIOLENCE ON OUR PLATE: "Dog Meat"
- VIOLENCE ON OUR PLATE: "Foie Gras"
- VIOLENCE ON OUR PLATE: "Sanitized at the Roadside Farm Store"
- VIOLENCE ON OUR PLATE: "Veal"
- VIOLENCE TO OUR HEALTH: "E. Coli and the Washington Fair"
- VIOLENT ROLE MODELS: "Charles, Prince of Wales"
- VIOLENT ROLE MODELS: "Elizabeth - Queen of England"
- VIOLENT ROLE MODELS: George Bush Sr. and The United Methodist Church
- VIOLENT ROLE MODELS: Steven Meade - Disc Jockey, "Willie B"
- VIOLENT ROLE MODELS: Peter Singer and Bestiality
- Without Empathy Humans Become Sociopathic *
This site has been awarded the Netscape