Ourselves in the Foot: The Sanitizing of Violence in Our Society Article Series
Throughout the ages, we have accepted killing, violence,
and violent behavior as just being a part of life. We talk about peace and
love and compassion, yet at the same time we glorify violence, when in fact the
two are opposites and fight against one another. We glorify war and
weaponry. We take pleasure in blood sports: the hunting of animals, bull
and cock fights, and fishing. Our games of "sport" attract the most
attention when they contain violence and destruction as in boxing, wrestling,
hockey, and auto racing. Even our diets are based on violence and death.
And to top it all off, the religious community has buried its collective head in
the sand, and either ignores the problem, or contributes to it. In this
publication, we will explore these and other related topics, and hopefully
suggest ways of bringing healing to a world gone mad.
Table of Contents
- A NEW AMERICAN REVOLUTION
- ANIMAL ABUSE AND HUMAN ABUSE: Partners In Crime
- ANIMAL ABUSE: The killing of a Bull
- Callous Clergy Corrupt Churches: Rev. Richard Ross of St. Bernard Catholic Church
- CHANGING ATTITUDES: Why I Quit Hunting
- CHURCH VIOLENCE: Is the Term "Christian
Bullfighter" an Oxymoron?
- CHURCH VIOLENCE: Are they Missionaries or
- CHURCH VIOLENCE: Missionaries Deported
for Illegal Hunting
- CHURCH VIOLENCE - DOCTRINALLY SANCTIONED:
Aquinas, Animal Rights, and Christianity
- CHILDREN KILLING ANIMALS: The Killing of the Ilderton
- COVENANT BREAKING: God's Original Intent
- David Ludwig: A Case of Violent Results from Being Taught Violence
- DOING VIOLENCE TO OUR CHILDREN'S FAITH AND
- SENSITIVITIES: The Jim Mason Story
- Environmentalism Promotes Violence on Designated "Aliens"
- ENVIRONMENTAL VIOLENCE FROM AGRICULTURE -
The Attack of the Flies
- Erosion of Moral Values in Russia
- Hardening Hearts Through Slaughter
- How Parents, Society and the Educational System Foster
- Psychopathic Behavior in Kids
- HUNTING AND VIOLENCE: Its Connection to
- HUNTING AND VIOLENCE: "You Shall
Shoot Your Neighbor
- LOVE OF MONEY: The Forced Molting of
- LOVE OF MONEY: Mountains of Misery: The
Holocaust of Foot-and-Mouth Disease
- LOVE OF MONEY: The Killing of Male
- LOVE OF MONEY: The Killing of
22,000,000 Monarch Butterflies
- LOVE OF MONEY: Participating
in the Cruelty of Bullfighting
- MEDICAL RESEARCH: The Story of Malish,
the Tormented Macaque
- PLAGUE UPON DEPRAVITY: An Overview
- PLAGUE UPON DEPRAVITY: 750,000 Die
- PLAGUE UPON DEPRAVITY: Foot and
- PSYCHOLOGY OF CRUELTY: Neither Victim
nor Perpetrator: Beyond Animal Sacrifice
- SANITIZED ADVERTISING: The Foie
- SANITIZED ADVERTISING: The Hatfield Pig
- SCHOOL VIOLENCE AND KILLING: Shooting in Springfield, OR - Kip Kinkel
- TEACHING VIOLENCE AND KILLING: Carbon
Canyon Christian School
- TEACHING VIOLENCE AND KILLING A 3-1/2 Year Old Learns His Lesson (Posted 30 May 1998)
- TEACHING VIOLENCE AND KILLING: "All
animal rights people should be shot"
- TEACHING VIOLENCE AND KILLING: "Catch
a Smile" - National Fishing Week Motto
- TEACHING VIOLENCE AND KILLING: "The
State of New York"
- THE MAKAH INDIAN NATION: Whale Hunters?
- TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT:
The Beating of Huntingdon Life Sciences' Executive
- VIOLENCE ON OUR BACK: "Dog Fur"
- VIOLENCE ON OUR PLATE: "Dog Meat"
- VIOLENCE ON OUR PLATE: "Foie Gras"
- VIOLENCE ON OUR PLATE: "Sanitized at
the Roadside Farm Store"
- VIOLENCE ON OUR PLATE: "Veal" (Posted 5 Nov 2000)
- VIOLENCE TO OUR HEALTH: "E. Coli
and the Washington Fair"
- VIOLENT ROLE MODELS: "Charles,
Prince of Wales"
- VIOLENT ROLE MODELS:
"Elizabeth - Queen of England"
- VIOLENT ROLE MODELS: George
Bush Sr. and The United Methodist Church
- VIOLENT ROLE MODELS: Steven Meade
- Disc Jockey, "Willie B"
- VIOLENT ROLE MODELS: Peter
Singer and Bestiality
- Without Empathy Humans Become Sociopathic
This site has been awarded the Netscape