Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with
non-stick cooking spray (Pam). Depending on how large the eggplant is,
you may need more than one sheet.
1. Cut off both ends of the eggplant. Slice into 1/2
inch thick slices.
2. Peel the skin off each slice using a potato peeler.
Cut larger slices into half-moons.
3. Put about one cup of soy milk in a medium bowl. In
another bowl, place about two cups of bread crumbs.
4. Start by dipping each eggplant slice in the milk,
then dip in bread crumbs to completely coat. Place on prepared baking
sheet. Add more milk or bread crumbs to either bowl, if necessary.
5. When all slices are on sheet, spray tops with cooking
6. Bake 30 minutes -- flip, spray with cooking spray and
continue baking for additional 15-30 minutes, until both sides are
7. Remove from oven and enjoy as is, or topped with warm
tomato sauce and shredded vegan cheese of choice.
Go on to Sharing
Donations & Supplies
Return to 20 September 2000 Issue
Return to Newsletters
** Fair Use Notice**
This document may contain copyrighted material, use of which has not been
specifically authorized by the copyright owners. I believe that this
not-for-profit, educational use on the Web constitutes a fair use of the
copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright
Law). If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your
own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright