* I asked for strength that I might rear him perfectly;
I was given weakness that I might feed him more treats.
* I asked for good health that I might rest easy;
I was given a "special needs" dog that I might know nurturing.
* I asked for an obedient dog that I might feel proud;
I was given stubbornness that I might feel humble.
* I asked for compliance that I might feel masterful;
I was given a clown that I might laugh.
* I asked for a companion that I might not feel lonely;
I was given a best friend that I would feel loved.
* I got nothing I asked for,
But everything that I needed.
Go on to Your Pet May
Return to 16 May 2001 Issue
Return to Newsletters
** Fair Use Notice**
This document may contain copyrighted material, use of which has not been
specifically authorized by the copyright owners. I believe that this
not-for-profit, educational use on the Web constitutes a fair use of the
copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright
Law). If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your
own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright