Animal
Rights
Online
Animal
Rights
Online

Newsletter - Animal Writes sm
From  Issue
6 January 2002
Federal Court Promotes Vegetarianism

While ruling on an Illinois case involving the sale of rotten meat, the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals questioned the prudence of eating meat and poultry. The case involved a random USDA inspection of a warehouse which uncovered rotten meat and poultry, some bearing expiration dates from years past, and exposed meat covered with rodent feces. The court also indicated that substantial evidence suggests that eating any meat or poultry might not be such a good thing.

Referring to a Gallup Poll showing that 6% of American adults are vegetarian, the court noted: "We think that percentage would jump dramatically if the other 94 percent read the record in this case." The presiding judge also wrote that the 3-judge panel would be recommending that more vegetables and tofu burgers be served at future court dinners. The defendant was sentenced to 24 months in prison.

See the full article at:
LEXIS-NEXIS Tell Me More
http://web.lexis-nexis.com/more/sosland/19469/7788208/1 

Go on to Free to a Good Home Ads
Return to 6 January 2002 Issue
Return to Newsletters

** Fair Use Notice**
This document may contain copyrighted material, use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owners. I believe that this not-for-profit, educational use on the Web constitutes a fair use of the copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law). If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Home Page

Newsletters

Poetry

Quotations

Your comments and inquiries are welcome

This site is hosted and maintained by:
The Mary T. and Frank L. Hoffman Family Foundation
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.


Since date.gif (991 bytes)