Job Title: Coordinator(s), Grassroots Animal
Rights Organization based in the Pacific Northwest.
Commitment: One full- or two part-time positions
available beginning in July or August, 2003.
Compensation: DOE, competitive salary-based
* Organize and direct all activities of a medium-sized grassroots
organization with about 30 active members and a mailing list of 1,600.
* Work with and encourage volunteers to implement and manage campaigns,
events, demonstrations, and other actions.
* Educate and engage the public regarding issues relating to animals,
including vegetarianism and veganism, as well as the inherent cruelty
involved in testing of medical or cosmetic products, killing animals for
fur, animal circuses, trophy hunting, and so on.
* Serve as a liaison for support of and collaboration with other animal
advocacy groups in the Pacific Northwest.
* Coordinate all outreach and volunteer management tools, including a
weekly HTML-based email list, a website, and monthly meetings.
* Manage a diverse range of animal-related projects, including
publications, investigations, audio/visual exhibits, and more.
* Manage budgeting and financial matters for the organization, including
yearly taxes, IRS communications, payroll, fundraising, and financial
* An unfaltering commitment to the belief that animals do not exist for
human purposes, and therefore should not be eaten, worn, experimented
on, or used for entertainment.
* Minimum 5 years experience as a grassroots animal activist, including
at least some experience organizing. Experience as a formal coordinator
or organizer is preferred, but not required.
* Ability to multi-task. Qualified applicants will be able to cover a
lot of ground -- from public outreach to financial management to writing
HTML -- and will possess an ability to learn quickly.
* Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and effectively work
* Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills.
Reports To: Board of Directors
Deadline for Resumes: April 30, 2003
Contact: Ché Green
P.O. Box 17607
Seattle, WA 98107
Northwest Animal Rights Network (NARN)
Website: www.narn.org Email:
email@example.com Phone: (206) 250-7301
Go on to Animals Have
Nothing To Celebrate During Refuge Centennial
Return to 16 March 2003 Issue
Return to Newsletters
** Fair Use Notice**
This document may contain copyrighted material, use of which has not been
specifically authorized by the copyright owners. I believe that this
not-for-profit, educational use on the Web constitutes a fair use of the
copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright
Law). If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your
own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright