Viva! is currently looking for a freelance bookkeeper in
the Atlanta area to work 10 hours a week -- initially. We are a growing
organization and the position will get busier, so someone who does not
mind additional hours in the future would be preferred.
Viva!USA is a non-profit vegan organization that focuses
primarily on animals killed for food (www.vivausa.org).
A job description is listed below.
If you are interested, please send resumes and
P.O. Box 49023
Atlanta, GA 30359
Feel free to contact me [Lauren Ornelas - US Campaigns
Director] if you have additional questions. I can be reached at (404)
315-8881 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
JOB DESCRIPTION - BOOKKEEPER
The bookkeeper reports to the Campaigns Director (US)
and when necessary to the International Director (UK). The role includes
* Maintenance of a full set of accounting records,
recording income and expenditure, debtors, creditors, and cash and bank
balances on a regular basis.
* Reconciling the bank account on a monthly basis.
* Ensure all IRS transactions are worked out and dealt with promptly
* Maintaining controls to reconcile weekly the total recorded income to
the banking records, allowing for timing differences shown on the PDQ/CAF
* Maintaining cash controls.
* Maintaining controls over the authorization and payment of suppliers.
* Maintaining controls over the payment of salaries and expenses.
* All records, whether in print, disc or on computer etc., are to remain
in the HQ of Viva!.
* Assist staff in use of accounting software.
* Working out staff salaries
* Providing relevant tax forms to staff at end of year, end of
Go on to
Initiative to Limit Factory Farming in Florida
Return to 18 October 2000 Issue
Return to Newsletters
** Fair Use Notice**
This document may contain copyrighted material, use of which has not been
specifically authorized by the copyright owners. I believe that this
not-for-profit, educational use on the Web constitutes a fair use of the
copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright
Law). If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your
own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright