The entire exotic "pet" trade industry promotes animal exploitation, cruelty, suffering, and environmental damage and destruction, and must be ended.
Since many exotic animals are carnivores, other animals are bred killed to feed them. In some cases the "feed" animals are alive when fed and suffer severe panic and terror.
One of the best ways to end this trade and trafficking in exotic animals is to encourage compassion to all animals. Passing legislation to prohibit private ownership of such animals will help save millions and will save habitats.
- A Life Sentence: The Sad and Dangerous Realities of Exotic Animals in Private Hands
- Born Free Sheds Light on Public Safety Issue - Exotic Animals
- Environmentalism vs. Animal Rights: Florida's Python Problem
- Exotic Birds are Becoming Extinct Due to Illegal Trade
- Florida Governor Signs "Python Bill"
- Florida Passes Law to Ban Breeding, Selling or Importing of Some Snakes and Lizards
- From Ferrets to Foxes: Exotic Animals as Pets
- Giant Python Bites Boy At Halloween Party
- Indonesian Man Attempts to Smuggle Over 200 Animals in 3 Suitcases
- Monkey Who Bit Oneida Castle Woman Euthanized
- Problems with Exotic Animals as Pets
- Rabbit Escapes from the Jaws of Death