a different kind of coffee break with Gerry and Ray Coffey
Disease-Free Living Through Fitness and Nutrition
GUILT-FREE GOURMET by Gerry & Ray:
Recipes for those who wish to avoid salt/sugar/oils/flesh foods
More Recipes/Books & Info: email@example.com
Artichoke and Potato Gratin
2 tomatoes, one diced and one halved and thinly sliced
2 9 oz. packages frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
1 bunch scallions, chopped, plus extra for garnish
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. salt (optional)
1 15.5-oz can of white beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 C vegetable stock or water or canned or boxed veggie broth
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/12 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced about 1/8 inch thick
1/4 C ground walnuts (optional)
· 1) preheat oven to 375. 2-qt casserole dish (Put few Tablespoons water in bottom to retard sticking)
· 2) Toss together diced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, scallions, 1/2 tsp. oregano, and 1/4 tsp. salt in bowl. Set aside.
· 3) put beans, stock, 1/2 tsp. oregano, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in food processor, puree. Line bottom of dish with half sliced sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and rest of pepper. Spread on bean mixture, add artichoke mixture and cover with potatoes; reserve 20 slices.
· 4) Arrange tomato slices and remaining sweet potato slices on top, overlapping edges. Sprinkle with remaining oregano and salt. Dust with pepper. Cover.
· 5) bake 45 minutes, or till tender. Remove cover, and sprinkle with ground walnuts, if wanted. Bake 15 minutes more, or until topping is golden brown. Wait 10 minutes before serving.
Return to Recipes
| Home Page | Articles | Programs | Recipes |
Please feel free to write to us with your comments and questions GMCoffey@aol.com
This site is hosted and maintained by:
The Mary T. and Frank L. Hoffman Family Foundation
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.