a different kind of coffee break with Gerry and Ray Coffey
Disease-Free Living Through Fitness and Nutrition
GUILT-FREE GOURMET by Gerry & Ray:
Recipes for those who wish to avoid salt/sugar/oils/flesh foods
More Recipes/Books & Info: [email protected]
Avocado Potato Salad
1/3 Cup Fresh lemon juice
2 tsps Finely chopped fresh garlic
1 ½ quarts Diced, cooked red new potatoes
1 Cup Diced celery
1 Cup Chopped sweet onion
2 large ripe Fresh California avocados
½ Cup Chopped cilantro
Cilantro sprigs or celery leaves for garnish - As needed
2. To make dressing, mix lemon juice and garlic; stir in avocado; reserve.
3. Combine potato, celery, and onion; fold in reserved dressing.
4. Just Before Service
5. Add cilantro into salad mixture.
6. Per Order
7. Garnish 1/2 cup serving with cilantro sprig or celery leaves.
8. Keeping Fresh California Avocados in Top Form
2 Pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
5 tsps cider vinegar
2 tsps Dijon-style mustard
¾ tsp ground black pepper
4 green onions, sliced
2 large, ripe Hass avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and mashed
1. Place potatoes in a medium pan and cover with water. Bring water to a boil and cook potatoes for about 15 minutes or until just tender when pierced with a fork.
2. Drain well and pour into bowl.
3. Combine avocado, vinegar, mustard, and pepper.
4. Add dressing and green onions to potatoes and gently toss.
5. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
Return to Recipes
| Home Page | Articles | Programs | Recipes |
Please feel free to write to us with your comments and questions [email protected]
This site is hosted and maintained by:
The Mary T. and Frank L. Hoffman Family Foundation
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.