a different kind of coffee break with Gerry and Ray Coffey
Disease-Free Living Through Fitness and Nutrition
GUILT-FREE GOURMET by Gerry & Ray:
Recipes for those who wish to avoid salt/sugar/oils/flesh foods
More Recipes/Books & Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
AN AWESOME/RAWSOME DESSERT:
FRESH, NO-COOK! PEACH PIE
2 cups soaked almonds*
10-15 pitted dates (Mejool are especially tasty!)
2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice or distilled water
* Note: Nuts are a concentrated protein thus put additional strain on the digestive tract. For best digestion presoak nuts approximately 8-12 hours, drain, rinse and dehydrate on 95 degrees or less for same amount of time. They will be crisp, delicious and much easier to digest and assimilate.
Peachy FRESH Pie Filling:
8 medium peaches peeled and seeded
5 – 7 pitted dates (Medjool are best!) according to desired sweetness
˝ teaspoon Celtic sea salt (Optional)
2 teaspoons ground psyllium or ground flax seed (Optional to thicken)
1 Prepared Crust" (recipe above)
1. Blend ˝ of the peaches with the dates and optional salt until not quite smooth
2. Add psyllium or ground flax seed, blend well and let chill in refrigerator.
3. Dice remaining peaches in a bowl then mix gently with blended peaches.
4. Place in the piecrust and serve.
Note: May slice better if frozen first.
| Home Page | Articles | Programs | Recipes |
Please feel free to write to us with your comments and questions GMCoffey@aol.com
This site is hosted and maintained by:
The Mary T. and Frank L. Hoffman Family Foundation
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.