a different kind of coffee break with Gerry and Ray Coffey
Disease-Free Living Through Fitness and Nutrition
GUILT-FREE GOURMET by Gerry & Ray:
Recipes for those who wish to avoid salt/sugar/oils/flesh foods
More Recipes/Books & Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPLIT PEA SOUP
· 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
· 1 cup chopped onion
· 1 cup chopped celery
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
· 1 quart vegetable broth
· 1 cup dried split peas
· 1 teaspoon dried thyme
· 1/2 teaspoon dried chipotle chile pepper
· salt and pepper to taste
· Bring a medium-size pot of salted water to a boil, add orzo and cook until al dente. Drain well.
· In a large skillet, saute onion, celery, garlic, and carrots in small amount of water for 5 minutes.
· Place vegetables, vegetable broth, peas, thyme, chile pepper, salt and pepper in a pressure cooker. Cover. When pressure cooker reaches full pressure, cook for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the pressure cooker from the heat. Add cooked orzo and serve.
· Note: If you would like creamier soup, puree soup in a food processor or blender. Add additional broth to bring the soup to the consistency you desire.
Return to Recipes
| Home Page | Articles | Programs | Recipes |
Please feel free to write to us with your comments and questions GMCoffey@aol.com
This site is hosted and maintained by:
The Mary T. and Frank L. Hoffman Family Foundation
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.