A COMPASSIONATE INTERNET CHRISTIAN CHURCH MINISTRY
My 13-year-old daughter Veronica and I regret that we ever ate meat and have only compassion in our hearts for the animals.
This regret has turned into positive activism and we feel proud to be able to be a part of history with activism that hopes to abolish their pain and suffering. I suppose animal activists are also modern day abolitionists.
Some of the things we have done to get the word about helping God's creatures include:
- a demo in Hatfield, Pennsylvania against the abuses of the Hatfield Quality Meats Slaughterhouse which WNPV radio covered, where I was able to speak about Christians being vegetarian
- we include Christian Vegetarian Association booklets (Are We Good Stewards of God's Creation?) when distributing literature to homes where we see dogs chained or caged
- participating at demonstration for the Philly Zoo elephants
- Veronica will be writing to Michelle Obama concerning vegetarian options for servicemen and servicewomen
- Veronica's piano student wrote an essay on vegetarianism and her teacher is trying to get the whole school district to have a Meatless Monday
Although I tried to go vegetarian back in the 70's, it wasn't until my daughter wanted to go vegetarian, over four years ago that I stuck with it. It was hard to do back then because of the lack of food choices and the lack of support with my family and friends.
We can't do enough for the animals now and hope that in our lifetime, we live in a world where animals can live the natural life they were meant. Passing out the beautiful booklet, Are We Good Stewards of God's Creation?, is such an easy thing to do because we know the whole book is filled with truth. Veronica is homeschooled but also takes the Naval Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps (NJROTC), course at the public school. She loves to wear her VEGAN hoodie to school most every day except for the days she has to wear her NJROTC uniform.
Veronica has had Letters to the Editors printed in two newspapers, the Mercury and the North Penn Reporter:
We will be happy to help people in our area in any way we can.
Contact Georgia or Veronica by email.
Christian Ministries for Animals and the People Who Care About Them
Return to Church
suggestions and additions are welcome
| Home Page | Animal Issues | Archive | Art and Photos | Articles | Bible | Books | Church and Religion | Discussions | Health | Humor | Letters | Links | Nature Studies | Poetry and Stories | Quotations | Recipes | What's New? |
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.