All-Creatures Ministry and Web Site
By Karolin - 23 Nov 2012
Hello Frank and Mary,
So I started to read my new bible the other day and I do not really understand the following:
In the beginning of the earth, after God created everything, including Adam and Eve he instructed them and all beasts to eat the seeds and fruits of the trees.
Then after the ark Noah was in a safe and dry place, after all the storms had stopped, Noah sacrificed the clean animals to God. God then took the sacrifice and told Noah that from now on any living beast can be for food, expect anything that is alive or the blood of it.
20. And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
21. And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done."
3. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
4. But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
5. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
Why did God allow this sacrifice and why did he now say that the humans can eat anything they want? Initially he only wanted them to eat seeds and fruit.
Why did God change his mind or am I reading this wrong?
Thanks so much. I am trying to figure out what to say to people when they bring this up.