1. What type of animal cruelty is happening in China now?
FLH: Animal cruelty exists all over the world, but China doesn’t have the laws that we have to protect the animals, so it is not uncommon to see authorities beat or poison stray animals to death, and people skin dogs and cats alive for their fur. There is also the bear bile trade.
2. Why do you think the Chinese do this?
FLH: It seems to be a cultural issue, but we are seeing some positive changes over the past few years.
3. Do you think the government is doing enough on preventing the cruelty being done on animals?
FLH: No we don’t, but neither is our government doing enough to end the cruelty inflicted upon animals.
4. If no, why?
FLH: It’s just like it is in this country. There’s a lot of money being made in the animal exploitation businesses, and very little being made in being compassionate to animals; and to put it bluntly, we believe that the money is buying votes.
5. Why do you think Poachers do these things to the animals?
FLH: Poachers are a problem all over the world. There’s nothing special in China.
6. Do you think many people know what’s happening in China?
FLH: We believe that they really know, but don’t want to hear about it. It’s the same with most Americans not wanting to hear about the atrocities committed upon billions of animals in factory farms and slaughterhouses.
7. Do you think the issue of animal cruelty in China can be stopped?
FLH: Of course! But it won’t happen in China or in this country, or in any other country until the people demand it.
8. What can we as American do to help stop animal cruelty in China?
FLH: The first thing we have to do is stop eating or wearing any animal products, as an example of compassionate living to the world around us. If we want to change the world, we had better begin at home, beginning with what we put on our plates.