COMMENTS AND DISCUSSIONS
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Our subjects cover: religion (Christian, Jewish and others); diet and lifestyle (vegan and vegetarian); and other miscellaneous subjects.
Comments by Frank L. Hoffman - 18 Jan 2002 - 0508
When you wrote, "I'm going to take the dog-beater out of action physically. With no malice or hatred intended, but simply concern for the dog!", are you not talking about restraining such a person. If I'm correct in my assumption, then that is the "force" necessary to prevent further violence, as I mentioned in my previous e-mail.
The problem is our society is the use of excessive force and even death to take someone "out of action".
We may not be that far apart in our thinking. If I remember correctly, you previously mentioned that 95% of all wars were unjustifiable, which leaves only 5% of them in what you believe is the "just war" category. Even if we concede the 5% for the present time, think of how much better this world would be if we eliminated 95% of our present violence.
Once the world was 95% violence free, would that prevent some of the 5% of the remaining potentially violent situations from happening? I personally believe it would.
My challenge to this list is how can we, as vegetarian (vegan) Christians, help eliminate the 95% of our present violence. Obviously, by being vegan, we eliminate the suffering and violence inflicted upon 80+ animals per year. What else can we do?
In the Love of the Lord,
Isaiah writes about the Messiah as being "The Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6). Jesus calls upon all believers to become peacemakers, and says, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons [children] of God" (Matthew 5:9). Paul writes, "For the anxious longings of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons [children] of God" (Romans 8:19).
Return to the discussion on Christian Pacifism
Your Comments are
| Home Page | Archive | Discussion Table of
Watercolor painting by Mary T. Hoffman - God's Creation in Art
| Home Page | Animal Issues | Archive | Art and Photos | Articles | Bible | Books | Church and Religion | Discussions | Health | Humor | Letters | Links | Poetry and Stories | Quotations | Recipes | Site Search | What's New? |
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.