Jesus’ second coming is the theme for the beginning of this Advent
season. Are we ready? If not, why?
Let’s think about these things as we continue with today’s discussion.
This past Thursday was Thanksgiving, when most people gave thanks; but to whom did they give thanks?
Most people would quickly say, God!
But to be truly thankful for all that God has done, we must also be living in His heavenly will, and not the corrupted ways of this world, with all its death and suffering that did not come from God.
If we were thankful for the roasted remains of a once living turkey that was upon our table, we were not thankful to God, but to the devil who enjoys pain and bloodshed.
We are not alone in this problem, for even classic Christianity was corrupted by the teaching of Aristotle and Descartes, when it comes to the way the world looks upon the animals that God lovingly created.
As we look at Psalm 122:1-9, let’s consider that the Temple of David’s day are the churches of today, and that Jerusalem is the city or town where we live.
1. I was glad when they said to me,
"Let us go to the house of the LORD."
2. Our feet are standing
Within your gates, O Jerusalem,
3. Jerusalem, that is built
As a city that is compact together;
4. To which the tribes go up, even the tribes of the LORD —
An ordinance for Israel —
To give thanks to the name of the LORD.
If we are doing this, then we should also feel that we are standing at the gates of heaven, living in God’s heavenly will, and leaving all the corrupted and evil ways of the world behind us.
5. For there thrones were set for judgment,
The thrones of the house of David.
6. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
"May they prosper who love you.
All who truly love the Lord, and live in the peace He taught us, will prosper.
7. "May peace be within your walls,
And prosperity within your palaces."
8. For the sake of my brothers and my friends,
I will now say, "May peace be within you."
Simply saying the words, “may peace be within you,” are most often empty
words unless we are truly peacemaking children of God who peacefully work at
ending the evil and corruption in the world around us.
And in addition, we are to present ourselves as witnesses of the heavenly will of God here on earth.
9. For the sake of the house of the LORD our God
I will seek your good.
If we truly seek the good of the church, we will do everything in our power
to end the condoning of pain, suffering, bloodshed, and death that is so
prevalent in the church today, particularly when it comes to what is
happening to animals.
Furthermore, it is a well-known fact that eating animals and animal products causes most of our chronic diseases that plague the human race; thus, if we seek the congregation’s good, we will help them switch back to eating only whole plant foods, as God originally intended, and which is part of His heavenly will.
These are the things that make us ready for Jesus’ second coming.
Over the years, many churches have been caught up in the false speculations about when the Lord was going to return, or about some catastrophe, such as what they falsely believed would happen in the year 2000 (Y2K).
Note what the Lord tells us in Matthew 24:36-44.
36. "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
In other words, no one knows the time of Jesus’ second coming.
Jesus was saying this because He knew of the false speculations about His return that would arise after His death, and He wanted to end them before they started.
But like so many other things that Jesus taught us, most people didn’t listen.
Someday, hopefully soon, we will all see the falsehood of the church teaching about God giving us animals to USE and EAT, and that they don’t have souls and spirits just like we do.
Let’s go on and see what else Jesus taught us about the day of His return.
37. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of
38. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;
39. and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
Note that Noah was a type of savior who saved not only his family but the
animals as well, and the Bible teaches us that this will also happen with
Jesus’ second coming; so, why aren’t we doing this now?
We should be!
Jesus goes on…
40. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.
41. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.
42. "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.
43. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.
44. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.
Today is the first Sunday of Advent, which has a twofold meaning: the
remembrance of Jesus’ birth, and our anticipation of Jesus’ second coming.
We’re not to just sit back and wait for His return; we’re to be active participants in preparing the way for Jesus’ second coming, which includes making peace with our fellow human beings and all the animals.
Note what we are told in Romans 13:11-14.
11. And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.
There is no disputing the logic of this verse, and we all need to be alert
and ready to take a peaceful stand against all evil in the world around us,
and to encourage others to live in the peaceful and heavenly will of God.
Jesus’ second coming is closer than most of us may think.
12. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.
The deeds of darkness are the evil and ungodly things in the world today, and the armor of light is the power of God that surrounds the peacemaking children of God who are actively working to end the corruption of creation.
13. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and
drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and
14. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature.
Think about how many people gratified the desires of their lustful nature
this past Thanksgiving by dining on the tortured remains of millions of
turkeys and other animals, whose bloodshed and pain only empowers the devil.
We can and should be different.
We should be glowing in the light of Jesus Christ, as we live in peaceful ways that do no harm to any part of creation and helps free it from corruption.
We can bring peace to the world.
We can be a positive example of Jesus Christ in the world.
We can prepare a smooth path for Jesus’ second coming.
Come Lord Jesus and end the corruption, pain, and suffering once and for all time.
Usher in Your heavenly kingdom.