2 Corinthians 13:11-14
1 Timothy 6:10
1 John 2:15-17
Upside down world of human indifference is the subject of our Biblical
discussion because it is an accurate depiction of the world as we know it
Even on this Fatherís Day we will see and smell examples of this human indifference in the smoke of the many barbeques of the remains of once living animals who suffered horribly and died for human greed and pleasure.
The worst part of this is that these people are totally indifferent to the suffering of the animals, which is evil and totally against the heavenly will of God where there is no pain or death.
This is just one of the reasons why we consider this to be an upside down world of human indifference.
It seems like almost every day we hear about some act of terrorism or shooting where people are killed.
Yet we seldom hear about the billions of animals that are brutally killed every year; and our government leaders in all their wisdom classify the peaceful people who care about animals and believe they have the right to live their lives free from human torture and killing as terrorists along with the people who use bombs to kill others.
These corrupt leaders sell their souls and what is right and Godly for the money they receive from animal exploiting industries to vote for them to be able to legally torture and kill animals with impunity.
Note what Jesus tells us about this in Matthew 6:24.
24. "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love
the other, or he will hold to one and despise the other. You cannot serve
God and mammon [money].
These lawmakers, like the people who exploit animals, are not serving God
and His heavenly will; they are serving the god of money.
We are told similar things in 1 Timothy 6:10Ö
10. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by
longing for it have wandered away from the faith, and pierced themselves
with many a pang.
We all need to take note of the fact that the people who do these evil
things, by turning away from God and His heavenly will for their lives, have
brought this evil upon themselves as they seek to please the sources of evil
and while seeking to bring harm upon others, both humans and animals.
Part of this money and power is coming from the gun lobby, which has prevented our lawmakers from enacting gun controls that could prevent many of those shootings; in fact, they have even allowed previous gun control measures to expire instead of renewing them.
This is another example of our upside down world of human indifference.
The blood of the innocent who have been injured or died is on their heads.
These people also love the ways of the world and are very prideful, so we should take note of what we are told in 1 John 2:15-17Ö
15. Do not love the world, nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the
world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.
17. And the world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God abides forever.
This is exactly what we have been talking about.
A blessing of the Lord awaits all who abide in the heavenly will of God.
And a curse awaits all who do not, for God will judge such people, but He will bring peace to all Godly ones as we are told in Micah 4:3Ö
3. And He will judge between many peoples
And render decisions for mighty, distant nations.
Then they will hammer their swords into plowshares
And their spears into pruning hooks;
Nation will not lift up sword against nation,
And never again will they train for war.
We donít have to wait for Godís judgement to fall upon us before we change into peacemaking children of God; we can do that right now and be blessed for it as we are told in Matthew 5:9Ö
9. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
And as peacemakers, we have been charged with protecting the whole of Godís creation here on earth, as we are told in Psalm 8:1-9Ö
1. O LORD, our Lord,
How majestic is Thy name in all the earth,
Who hast displayed Thy splendor above the heavens!
2. From the mouth of infants and nursing babes Thou hast established strength,
Because of Thine adversaries,
To make the enemy and the revengeful cease.
But these adversaries of peace, these enemies and revengeful people have not ceased, even to this very day; instead, they dominate the world.
3. When I consider Thy heavens, the work of Thy fingers,
The moon and the stars, which Thou hast ordained;
4. What is man, that Thou dost take thought of him?
And the son of man, that Thou dost care for him?
5. Yet Thou hast made him a little lower than God,
And dost crown him with glory and majesty!
6. Thou dost make him to rule over the works of Thy hands;
Thou hast put all things under his feet,
7. All sheep and oxen,
And also the beasts of the field,
8. The birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea,
Whatever passes through the paths of the seas.
And the vast majority of the people in the world totally misinterpret what
God gave them to care for and protect; instead they torture, maim, and kill
millions of people and billions of animals every year.
And in the process they only honor their father the devil.
They have made this an upside down world of human indifference.
9. O LORD, our Lord,
How majestic is Thy name in all the earth!
In addition to this being Fatherís Day, it is also peace and justice Sunday and Trinity Sunday; so with this and what weíve been discussing in mind, letís take a look at what we are told in 2 Corinthians 13:11-14, for it all speaks to us about living as peacemaking children of God.
11. Finally, brethren, rejoice, be made complete, be comforted, be like-minded, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
Think about all the wars and violence going on all around the world, and we should immediately deduce that none of it is from God, or in the heavenly will of God; it is from the devil, no matter from what side it comes.
12. Greet one another with a holy kiss.
We cannot greet one another with a holy kiss and have a gun or bomb at the
A holy kiss can only come from peacemaking children of God.
13. All the saints greet you.
14. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.
This is the way we all should be living, but some may ask: what if someone
does something to me or my country or my religion?
Such a person should still remain a true peacemaker of God, just as we are told in Hebrews 10:29-31.
29. How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has
trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of
the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of
30. For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay." And again, "The Lord will judge His people."
31. It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
All people who resort to vengeance or violence of any kind against any other
human or animal, for any reason, is responsible for our upside down world of
They are working against the God of peace and love.
They are working for the devil.
And we are to have nothing to do with them.
We are to take a peaceful stance against them as peacemaking children of God.
This is who we have been called to be!
Return to: Sermons Archive