Godly children follow their heavenly Father, because their heart and soul
is focused upon the heavenly will of God.
Such Godly children including adults, for we are all to be children of God, have rejected the evil and corrupt ways of this world and seek to live as God desires.
Godly children follow the commandment Jesus gave us in Matthew 5:48Ö
48. "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
If God commands us to live this way, then it must be possible even in this corrupt world.
As we look at Psalm 1:1-6, letís see how Godly children followed their heavenly Father even in those days.
1. How blessed is the man [or woman] who does not walk in the counsel of the
Nor stand in the path of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
Isnít this what Godly children are supposed to do?
Yes, because they reject the corrupt ways of this world.
So how does such a person live?
2. But his [or her] delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
Remember that as Godly children today, we are to follow Jesusí teachings and understand that living with heavenly love fulfills the whole law, and everything else that is in the Bible.
3. And he [or she] will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season,
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers.
This is talking about spiritual and heavenly prosperity, and not prosperity as the people of this corrupt world view their monetary gains.
4. The wicked are not so,
But they are like chaff which the wind drives away.
In other words, they will be blown away from the presence of the Lord.
5. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
The Lord will separate the wicked people of this world away from His Godly children.
6. For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the wicked will perish.
Letís think about these things in another way that reflects the corrupt ways
of this world.
Truly loving and Godly children wouldnít knowingly harm any other living being (human or animal).
It is only the wicked people and those who have turned away from the heavenly will of God that kill other human beings and animals.
Every day in the news we hear or read about the warring madness that is plaguing this world, and no matter what these people may claim to the contrary, they are following the ways of the devil.
The same is true about all those who exploit and eat animals, and television and supermarket ads are full of promotions to get people to be indifferent to the suffering of animals so that they will buy and eat their animal products.
In Proverbs 31:10-31, we are told about how a Godly woman should live, but letís look at this from the standpoint of all Godly children.
10. An excellent wife, who can find?
For her worth is far above jewels.
The way this is worded implies that such people are rare in this world, but this is the way we should be.
11. The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And he will have no lack of gain.
Again, we want to look at gain and wealth as being spiritual and heavenly, and not necessarily monetary.
12. She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
13. She looks for wool and flax,
And works with her hands in delight.
Today, Godly people donít exploit sheep to get their fur (wool).
14. She is like merchant ships;
She brings her food from afar.
Today, this food is to be plant foods, as God created for us to eat (Genesis 1:29-30).
15. She rises also while it is still night,
And gives food to her household,
And portions to her maidens.
16. She considers a field and buys it;
From her earnings she plants a vineyard.
Note that she is planting a vineyard and not raising and exploiting animals.
17. She girds herself with strength,
And makes her arms strong.
18. She senses that her gain is good;
Her lamp does not go out at night.
19. She stretches out her hands to the distaff,
And her hands grasp the spindle.
20. She extends her hand to the poor;
And she stretches out her hands to the needy.
21. She is not afraid of the snow for her household,
For all her household are clothed with scarlet.
This means that they all have well-made clothing to keep them warm.
22. She makes coverings for herself;
Her clothing is fine linen and purple.
Linen is made from the flax plant; it contains no animal products.
23. Her husband is known in the gates,
When he sits among the elders of the land.
The good works of Godly children reflect upon their whole family and community.
24. She makes linen garments and sells them,
And supplies belts to the tradesmen.
She is industrious, but also note the spiritual quality of her clothing that we are told about next.
25. Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she smiles at the future.
26. She opens her mouth in wisdom,
And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
The lifestyle of Godly children naturally speaks forth wisdom and teaches in the heavenly will of God.
27. She looks well to the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
28. Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:
29. "Many daughters have done nobly,
But you excel them all."
30. Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
31. Give her the product of her hands,
And let her works praise her in the gates.
When people live as Godly children their lovingkindness attracts others to
the heavenly will of God, and brings praise to both the Lord and them.
Letís continue with our discussion about Godly children as we look at Mark 9:30-37.
30. And from there they went out and began to go through Galilee, and He
[Jesus] was unwilling for anyone to know about it.
31. For He was teaching His disciples and telling them, "The Son of Man is to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill Him; and when He has been killed, He will rise three days later."
32. But they did not understand this statement, and they were afraid to ask Him.
Just as the disciples didnít understand Jesusí statement, most people today donít understand about separating themselves from the ungodly ways of this world, so they continue to follow their corrupt ways instead of becoming the Godly children who follow the heavenly will of God.
33. And they came to Capernaum; and when He was in the house, He began to
question them, "What were you discussing on the way?"
34. But they kept silent, for on the way they had discussed with one another which of them was the greatest.
Being greater than someone else is the sin of the pride of life, which is of the ways of the corrupt world, and it is not what Godly children of God do.
35. And sitting down, He called the twelve and said to them, "If anyone
wants to be first, he shall be last of all, and servant of all."
36. And taking a child, He set him before them, and taking him in His arms, He said to them,
37. "Whoever receives one child like this in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me does not receive Me, but Him who sent Me."
Godly children follow their heavenly Father, and trust in Him to put them in
whatever position He chooses.
Letís continue our discussion as we look at James 4:1-10.
1. What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members?
We often hear from compassionate people who are vegan and do everything in a
peaceful manner so that they can help end the exploitation of animals, yet
at the same time they are being picked on and ostracized by their peers,
people in their church, and even their family members.
These people are at peace with what they are doing because they are living in the heavenly will of God, but those who are quarreling with them are conflicted within themselves by the witness of the peaceful people and their own lusts for animal products.
These conflicted people do not have the peace of God within them, because they are living in the corrupt ways of this world.
2. You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. And you are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask.
Part of asking God for help is also being willing to surrender both ourselves and our sinful pleasures to the Lord, and allow Him to cleanse us of all unrighteousness.
3. You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that
you may spend it on your pleasures.
4. You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.
This is the problem with most of the people in the world, which is evidenced
by all the warring madness in the world, and the multitude of ads for animal
products, and the indifference to the suffering of animals by the people who
buy these products.
In addition, we also have the evidence of all the chronic diseases and the pharmaceutical products purportedly to alleviate these ailments without ever telling the truth that most of these ailments are caused by the eating of animal products, and that they could be cured by switching to eating only whole plant foods as God created for us to eat.
5. Or do you think that the Scripture speaks to no purpose: "He jealously
desires the Spirit which He has made to dwell in us"?
6. But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, "God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
7. Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
The devil is the only one who delights in suffering and the shedding of blood; and until we stop doing these things to both humans and animals, the devil will not flee from us.
8. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you
sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
9. Be miserable and mourn and weep; let your laughter be turned into mourning, and your joy to gloom.
This is why the people of this corrupt world have so many problems and lack
true and lasting peace.
But we can end this.
10. Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you.
The Lord will do this if we are willing.
And we all need to remember that Godly children follow their heavenly Father, which means that Godly children also follow the peaceful teaching of Jesus and reject the corrupt ways of this world.
We can have this heavenly peace that surpasses all understanding.
We can be exalted by God into living in His heavenly realm, even here on earth.
Return to: Sermons Archive