Seeing heavenly truths not worldly lies is something that all believers
should be able to do.
It should be as simple as being able to distinguish good from evil.
Unfortunately, it seems like most professing Christians are so attracted to worldly lies that they either are not seeing heavenly truths, or they are deliberately not seeing heavenly truths.
Thankfully, God knows the difference, and those who are not seeing heavenly truths will have to answer to Him.
In John 10:22-30, we are told about the religious leaders who are not seeing heavenly truths, because they have knowingly decided not to see them, for worldly lies keep them in their positions of authority.
22. At that time the Feast of the Dedication took place at Jerusalem;
The Feast of Dedication is also known as the Lights or Hanukkah.
23. it was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple in the portico of
24. The Jews therefore gathered around Him, and were saying to Him, "How long will You keep us in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly."
People who ask these kinds of questions are those who are not seeing heavenly truths, but we believe that their actions are deliberate for they really know the truth but deny it.
25. Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father's name, these bear witness of Me.
If they were seeing heavenly truths, they would have believed the heavenly works that Jesus did.
26. "But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep.
27. "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me;
28. and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.
Worldly lies cannot snatch children of God away from the Lord, unless they/we allow it by deciding to follow the evil ways of this corrupt world.
29. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is
able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.
30. "I and the Father are one."
And the story goes on to tell us that they wanted to stone Jesus to death.
They have put Jesus in a similar category as the innocent animals they slaughter in the temple, and falsely claim that God desires it.
And if we don’t believe this, then ask yourself a question about why all animal sacrifice ceased about 40 years later when the Temple was destroyed.
The simple answer is that God only wanted our obedience and not sacrifice.
Since deliberately causing pain, suffering, and death is worldly and evil, then how could animal sacrifice ever be a part of God’s heavenly will and truth?
The simple answer is that it could never be.
And this also applies to every animal raised for human food, clothing, laboratory testing, and entertainment.
Animals were to be our companions like close friends or members of our families and it is only worldly lies that try to make us believe otherwise.
Seeing heavenly truths continues as we look at Revelation 7:9-17.
9. After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude, which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands;
This is a very important verse for us to study and remember, for it plainly
tells us that those who are saved are from all over the world.
What is being told to us here is that there isn’t any one church or place to be saved in. All we have to do is believe and have the faith to call upon the Lord with a repentant heart and soul.
And what were those gathered saying before the throne?
10. and they cry out with a loud voice, saying,
"Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."
Even though we just heard Jesus declare that He and the Father are One, here
we are being told that Jesus [the Lamb] and the Father are being seen
separately, yet at the same time they are One.
This is also a heavenly truth that hopefully we all see and understand.
11. And all the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures [animals]; and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,
As we have mentioned previously, the Greek work translated above as
“creatures” is really the Greek word for “animals.”
This is another heavenly truth; animals are indeed in heaven.
Those who deny this fact believe in worldly lies instead of believing and seeing heavenly truths.
And what are these animals saying along with the elders?
"Amen, blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might, be to our God forever and ever. Amen."
And then one of the elders speaks to John who was brought to heaven to witness these things and to write the Book of Revelation.
13. And one of the elders answered, saying to me, "These who are clothed in
the white robes, who are they, and from where have they come?"
14. And I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
These are the people who formerly lived in the world, but who began seeing heavenly truths and rejected the worldly lies and truly repented of their former way of living and were saved.
15. "For this reason, they are before the throne of God; and they serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits on the throne shall spread His tabernacle over them.
In other words, they are in heaven for ever and ever.
16. "They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore; neither shall the
sun beat down on them, nor any heat;
17. for the Lamb in the center of the throne shall be their shepherd, and shall guide them to springs of the water of life; and God shall wipe every tear from their eyes."
When we are seeing heavenly truths, we also understand and have faith in
these promises of a better life in heaven.
Before we close our discussion about seeing heavenly truths not worldly lies, let’s take a look at Proverbs 12:10…
10. A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast,
But the compassion of the wicked is cruel.
As we should be able to plainly see in this verse and in reality, the
heavenly truth is that a righteous person, one who is a peacemaking child of
God, does everything in their power to prevent harm from coming to any
animal, particularly those in his or her control, which excludes all forms
of animal agriculture and other things that harm animals.
Likewise, anyone who harms any animal is wicked, and is living in the ways of the world; thus, we are to reject any such actions and not support in any way those who harm animals, which should obviously include buying any animal products or attending any event where animals are harmed or exploited.
In addition, we are to reject all other actions that are not in the heavenly will of God, such as the warring madness that is going on all over the world.
We are to be seeing heavenly truths and following them, and rejecting all worldly ways.
Return to: Sermons Archive