contributed by firstname.lastname@example.org
The Irish Greyhound
* Did you know that greyhounds are classified as
"commercial" and exempt from "normal" dog treatment?
* Did you know Ireland is known as the foremost greyhound breeding
country in the world.
* Did you know it is estimated that approximately 14,000 greyhounds are
"disposed of" in Ireland each year. (not counting those tied to rocks
and drowned, left to starve to death or dumped in isolated regions)
* Did you know that rabbits and kittens are used to "blood" greyhounds?
* Did you know approximately 20,000 greyhound puppies are registered
each year in Ireland. The number actually born each year is higher, but
many "unpromising" dogs are disposed of before registration time.
* Did you know about half of those registered are exported to the UK and
the United States, Spain, Vietnam and elsewhere.
* Did you know that many Irish greyhounds end up in Spain and Vietnam,
in horrific conditions and more horrific deaths?
* Did you know Greyhounds sales held monthly in Limerick, Cork and
Dublin result in the sale of dogs to unscrupulous buyers who subject
these unfortunate animals to untold cruelty.
* Did you know that when they are no longer "needed," many are given
over to "cut and kill" "surgical practice" and vivisection experiments?
For further information see
IRISH ANIMALS ON THE WEB
Go on to Warning!
Dangerous Pet Toy
Return to 11 April 2001 Issue
Return to Newsletters
** Fair Use Notice**
This document may contain copyrighted material, use of which has not been
specifically authorized by the copyright owners. I believe that this
not-for-profit, educational use on the Web constitutes a fair use of the
copyrighted material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright
Law). If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your
own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from the copyright