ARCHIVE OF COMMENTS AND DISCUSSIONS
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Our subjects cover: religion (Christian, Jewish and others); diet and lifestyle (vegan and vegetarian); and other miscellaneous subjects.
| Home Page | Archives | Table of Contents |
Frank and Mary,
What is said in the commentaries? These are well versed people who have dedicated their lives to studying the word of God to explain what is written. Of course it is of opinion still.
Here's the thing, you posted a newspaper article on hunting and listed responses that challenged the salvation of these men and women. This is what got me going.
I challenged you on your position and you have failed to provide biblical support that your position is correct. I asked with a regard to learn your position if you could direct me to God's word on you topic.
You mention below that you think God created animals and apparently keeps them on the same level as humans. God created animals, after the flood gave them the fear of man, and themselves. I can show you where Jesus specifically himself holds man above animals.
Below Jesus is confronted by some demons who had two human host and they know they are about to be cast out. The demons have no pleasure in dealing with Christ. They are not offered salvation or any benefit. They must leave their possession when a hedge of protection is raised. They ask if to be cast into the pigs herding afar. What happens is that Jesus holds the pigs with as much love and compassion as a human that he cast the demons to the open air and raises a hedge of protection around the swine as well.. wait... no that's not what happens at all. He cast the demons into the pigs and they run into the water and drown, I'll bet that even Jesus didn't see that coming. Why did he allow the pigs to die? To save, better yet to restore, the life of a two humans. The human race is held above the angels in heaven. The animals are not even in the same ball park.
What you see is life. When you see a steak you view it as a loss of life.
28. And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
29. And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
30. And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
31. So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
32. And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.
33. And they that kept them fled, and went their ways into the city, and told every thing, and what was befallen to the possessed of the devils.
And, behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus: and when they saw him, they besought him that he would depart out of their coasts.
I am holding on my next verse. It sounds as if you are giving up by responding with your biblically unsupported opinion.
I still ask for your support to your argument, otherwise I view your points as wrong and unfounded.
It appears you have picked your cause and you stretch the word of God to support it.
I still wait to hear about your Noah theory and the verses I quoted that tears it apart.
Standing on the word,
Go on to: Comment by Frank and Mary Hoffman - 27 Jan 2008
Return to: Christian Bowhunters of America: Is It Really Christian?
Your Comments are Welcome:
| Home Page
| Discussion Table of Contents |
Watercolor painting by Mary T. Hoffman - God's Creation in Art
| Home Page | Animal Issues | Archive | Art and Photos | Articles | Bible | Books | Church and Religion | Discussions | Health | Humor | Letters | Links | Nature Studies | Poetry and Stories | Quotations | Recipes | What's New? |
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.