Recipes - Disease-free living through fitness and nutrition
From Coffey Break for Healthy Alternatives
Recipes for those who wish to avoid salt/sugar/oils/flesh foods. For more
recipes, books and information, contact
Dijon Mushroom Potatoes
By Mary McDougall, M.D.,
McDougall's Health and Medical Center
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time potatoes: oven 1 hour, microwave high 15 minutes
Cooking time sauce 20 minutes
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound mushroom, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prick potatoes in several places with a fork.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender, or microwave on high power for 15
minutes, turning once.
- Let the potatoes rest while preparing the sauce.
- In a large saucepan, place 1/4 cup of the water with the onion,
mushrooms, green pepper, and carrot.
- Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are tender, adding a little
more water if necessary.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir into the vegetable mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Serve the potatoes hot, passing the sauce separately.
Return to Recipe Directory