An Articles Archive
Diet - Diseases - Enzymes - Exercise - Health - Herbs - Longevity - Medicine - Minerals -
Natural Health - Nutrition - Stress - Vegan - Vegetarian - Vitamins
We began this archive as a means of assisting our visitors in answering
many of their health and diet questions, and in encouraging them to take a pro-active part
in their own health. We believe the articles and information contained herein are
true, but are not presenting them as advice. We, personally, have found that a
whole food vegan
diet has helped our own health, and simply wish to share with others the things we have
found. Each of us must make our own decisions, for it's our own body. If you
have a health problem, see your own physician.
Comments and Facts
- The human body requires only 0.5 grams of protein for every
kilogram of body weight.
- A 110 lb. person needs only 25 grams of protein.
- A 165 lb. person needs only 37.5 grams of protein.
- 1 gram of protein has 4 calories; thus, a
person requiring 37.5 grams of protein obtains only 150 calories
from the needed protein, which equates to only 8% of a 2000
- 46% of the calories in Romaine Lettuce come from Protein.
- 43% of the calories in Asparagus come from Protein.
- 43% of the calories in Broccoli come from Protein.
- 33% of the calories in Collard Greens come from Protein.
- 27% of the calories in Kidney Beans come from Protein.
- 26% of the calories in Kale come from Protein.
- 23% of the calories in Green Cabbage come
- 19% of the calories in Celery come from
- 17% of the calories in Oats come from Protein.
- 9% of the calories in Brown Rice
come from Protein.
- 7% of the calories in Sweet Potatoes come from Protein.
Articles and References
- 25+ Vegan Sources of Calcium
- A Brief History of Protein: Passion, Social Bigotry, Rats, and Enlightenment
- A Life of Veganism Has No Adverse Effects on Bones
- Animal Protein Linked to Increased Diabetes Risk
- Answers to the Plant Based Diet Protein-Deficiency Myth
- A Vegan Diet (Hugely) Helpful Against Cancer
- A Vegan Doctor Addresses Soy Myths and Misinformation
- A Vegan Doctor Addresses the Protein Question
- Calcium and Protein and Bone Health in Vegans
- Concerns about Protein, Calcium, and Iron: Reducing Meat and Dairy Products in the American Diet
- Death by Protein
- Dietitian Perspectives on Protein, Calcium and Vegan Bone Health
- Disordered Eating, Restrictive Eating, and Ex-Vegans
- Do Different People Really Need Radically Different Diets?
- Dr. McDougall’s Ten Favorite One-Liners
- Eating Animals is Making Us Sick
- Eating For the Planet
- Excess protein-on-the-brain syndrome
- FAQ's About Vegetarian Eating
- Food Chain Newsletter
- Gluten-free Vegan Diet Helps Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hog Farmer Switches to Vegan Diet after Battling Cancer
- How Much Protein Do I Need?
- How the USDA Keeps Our Children and the Poor Sick
- Is a Vegetarian/Vegan Diet Safe?
- Is Meat Part of a Natural Diet?
- Is Soy a Complete Protein?
- Lessons from the Dominican Republic
- Low-Carb (But Not Paleo) Diets for Vegans
- Marketing Milk and Disease
- No Whey, Man. I’ll Pass on the Protein Powder
- Permanent Weight Control
- Plant-based Erections
- Plant Foods Have A Complete Amino Acid Composition
- Plants rule! New study shows bodybuilders can go whey-free
- Portugal's Surgeon General Endorses Plant Based Diet
- Power Plate - Power Sources
- Protein and Athletic Performance
- Protein in the Vegan Diet
- Settling The Soy Controversy
- Should I Drink Milk to Prevent Osteoporosis?
- Study shows that vegan diets can be more nutritious than animal products
- The 4 Keys to Strong Bones
- The Clintons: Chelsea (Pregnant), Hillary Unhealthy), and Bill (Healthy)
- The Milk Letter
- The Protein Debate
- The Protein Myth
- There Is a Way to Help Avoid Heart Disease and Diabetes: You Are What You Eat!
- What are the Diet and Nutritional Risk Factors in Disease?
- What Every Vegan Needs to Know about the Advantages and Pitfalls of Vegan Diets
- When Friends Ask About Vegan Diet: Fast Answers to Frequent Questions
- Where Will I Get My Protein?
- Why Has the FDA Allowed a Drug Marked "Not Safe for Use in Humans" to Be Fed to Livestock Right Before
- Why I Love the USDA’s New Tip Sheet for Vegetarians
Fair Use Notice: This document may contain copyrighted material whose use
has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owners.
We believe that this not-for-profit, educational use on the Web
constitutes a fair use of the copyrighted material (as provided for in section
107 of the US Copyright Law). If you wish to use this copyrighted material for
purposes of your own that go beyond fair use, you must obtain permission from
the copyright owner.
| Home Page | Health Index |
Your Comments Are
| Home Page | Animal Issues | Archive | Art and Photos | Articles | Bible | Books | Church and Religion | Discussions |
Health | Humor | Letters | Links
| Nature Studies
| Poetry and Stories | Quotations |
Recipes | What's New? |
Thank you for visiting all-creatures.org.