Animals: Tradition -
Philosophy - Religion
Table of Contents
| Recent Articles
| Archive |
Reflection on the Lectionary (Series)
- 10 important moments in Christianity and vegetarianism
- A Christian Assessment of Animal Experimentation
- A Christmas Message: Peace on Earth
- A Conservative Catholic Plea for the Elephants
- A Critique of Heidegger's "Fourfold" and the Role of "The Animal"
- A Memorial Day Prayer for Animals
- A New World View of Our Fellow Animals
- A Vegan Diet Saves Animals
- ABC In Buddhist India, October 2011
- Abraham Lincoln: Vegetarian and Animal Rights Advocate?—A Review of the Evidence
- Abstaining from Meat - A Year-Round Practice
- Abstaining from Meat Can Be Transforming
- Against the Current
- Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos Lawsuit: Update and Media Coverage
- An Islamic Perspective Against Animal Sacrifice
- An Open Letter to My Fellow Unitarian-Universalists (UUs) on Animal Liberation
- An Open Letter to Pope Francis from Tom Regan
- Animal People: Why Do Animal Rights Activists Care About Animals and Not About People?
- Animal Rights 101
- Animal Rights and Autism Pride: Let’s Heal the Rift
- Animal Rights and Christianity: A Historical and Theological Discourse
- Animal Rights, Mammonism and the Golden Rule
- Animal Sacrifice and the Day of Atonement
- Animal Sacrifice in Islam
- Animal Sacrifice or Blood Orgy?
- Animal Suffrage
- Animals, Religion and the Environment
- Animals are sentient beings
- Animals Have Souls: Guaranteed
- Anthropomorphism and Sentimentality: Flawed Rhetoric Harming Animals
- Applying The Golden Rule to ALL Animals
- Are hunting and fishing consistent with religious values?
- Are Religions Bad for Animals?
- Are We Becoming More Hardhearted?
- Ashir Bhalla-Levine's Bar Mitzvah Speech
- Associative/metaphorical theories of consciousness: Heifer International
- Australia's Life Animal Exports for Middle East Sacrifices
- Biblical and other religious support for veganism
- Biblical Implications: Stoning Gannet Chicks in Scotland
- Biblical Literalism: Some Perplexing Interpretations, Especially The Animal Sacrifice Issue
- Biblical Vegetarianism
- Bright Aisles, Dark Alleys
- Buddhist Ethics: Compassion for All
- Canines, Carnism, and the Grip of History
- Caring for the Creation: The Bible’s Message on Protecting the Environment
- Catholic Bishops Should Include Fish in "Meatless Fridays"
- Christian Compassion and Stumbling Blocks
- Christian Ethics and Nonhuman Animals
- Christianity and a vegan diet: How I reconcile veganism with the Judeo-Christian belief system
- Christianity and Animal Rights, Part 1
- Christianity and Animal Rights, Part 2
- Christianity and Animal Rights, Part 3
- Christianity and Animal Right, Part 4
- Christianity and Animal Rights, Part 5
- Christianity and Animal Rights, Part 6
- Christianity and Animal Rights, Part 7
- Christianity and Animal Rights, Part 8: What Is Humanity’s “Natural” Diet?
- Christianity and Animal Rights, Part 9: Facing the Truth
- Christianity and Animal Rights, Part 10
- Christianity and Animal Rights: The Challenge and Promise
- Christianity and Animals
- Christmas and New Year's Message from David Irving, 2014
- Compassion for Sale? Doublethink Meets Doublefeel as Happy Meat Comes of Age
- Could Religion Be the Answer to Rescuing Indonesian Wildlife?
- Decent Conduct toward Animals: A Traditional Approach
A: The Political Issue
B: Species - Loyalty and Betrayal
C: Sharing the Same World
D: Reason, Honour and the Opened Eye
- Deconstructing Darwin
- Defending the Defenceless: Speciesism, Animal Liberation, and Consistency in Applied Ethics
- Descartes' Reasons: Challenging Today's Irrational View of Animals
- Do All Dogs Really Go To Heaven?
- Does Religion Trump Animal Protection?
- Dog Jewelry – 9,000 Years Ago
- Dog Meat and the Catholic Church of South Korea
- Easter: Pity the Poor Lamb
- Easter and Passover: Of Children and Lambs
- Easter Ham and the Ancient World
- Eighteen Myths About Veganism and Judaism
- End Chicken Kaporos Lawsuit Filed In New York
- End of Animal Sacrifice at the Gadhimai Festival?
- End These Religious Festivals Now!
- EVANA Interview with Dr. Richard Schwartz
- For the Love of Animals
- Free Will and Animal Issues – Part 1
- Free Will and Animal Issues – Part 2
- Free Will and Animal Issues – Part 3
- Friends [Quakers] and the Vegetarian Way
- God gave people animals to eat. Right?
- God I Hate Thanksgiving
- God Is A Vegan
- God, Christianity and Meat
- God's Love For Animals
- Hajj - Some Afterthoughts
- Hard Boiled Nonsense
- Harvest Double-Talk
- Henry Stephens Salt and the Argument for Animal Rights
- Hey American Rabbis: Wake Up and Smell the Cruelty
- Hindu Ethics and Nonhuman Animals
- Hope for “Christian Deer Hunters”?
- How Can So Many Christians Be Indifferent to Animal Suffering?
- How Is Kosher Meat Even Possible in the Age of Factory Farming?
- How to Find Your Own True Mission
- How Our Immortality Projects Impact the Other Animals
- How Your Zoo Visit Supports Trophy Hunting
- Humanity Even for Nonhumans
- Humanity’s History with Animals: The Beginnings
- Importance of Animals in Islam
- ‘I Am Not an Animal!’
- Interview: Paula Sandin and Jennifer Sandin Adams
- Is There Such a Thing as ‘Halal’ Foie Gras?
- Is Veganism a Religion?
- Is Veganism a Religion?
- I Will Always Be Vegan - Richard Schwartz
- Jesus and Animals Peaceable Table
- Jesus and Animals Vegetarian Society of Queensland
- Jewish Ethics and Nonhuman Animals
- Jesus Was a Vegetarian
- Judaism and the Ethics of Eating - "Every Moving Thing That Liveth Shall be Food for You"
- Kapparot With Chickens: On Ritual Slaughter and Human Greed
- Lamb chopped as bishops turn veggie
- Lamb’s Blood Aside, Passover is the Perfect Time to Go Vegan
- Let Us Not Wallow in the Valley of Despair!
- Like the Foul Stable: What I Learned on a Family Farm
- Linking Faith and Animal Rights
- Little Trilogy of True Love
- Make Sure you Read and Hear God's Speech at the Vatican
- Making Sense of Nepal’s Gadhimai Animal Massacre
- Man's Role with Animals According to the Bible
- Mormon 'Law of Health' says Eat Meat Sparingly or Not At All
- Mourning and Gratitude on Thanksgiving Day
- New Jerusalem TV
- Not Because of PETA, But Because of the Torah, We Must Be Involved
- Notions of Compassion
- Of Rabbits and Resurrection
- Of Popes, Pets and Paradise
- On the Rights of Animals
- Opposition to Kosher and Halal Ritual Slaughter of Animals Gaining Steam in Holland
- Passover: Of Lamb Shanks and Sled Dogs
- Passover Lessons That Can Produce a Sustainable Environment
- Paul McCartney's India Vegetarian Day Receives Support From Hindus
- Pope Francis and Mother Earth
- Pope Francis and the Animals
- Power, Fear, and Spirit
- Practice What You Preach This Lenten Season
- Prayers for Worms and for the Elevation of Human Consciousness
- ProFauna Indonesia's Conservation and Animal Welfare Campaigns through Islamic Approaches
- Profauna's Cross-Religious Discussions on Animal Welfare
- Protecting Co-Creation: The Problem with Animal Testing
- Punishment for Animal Abusers
- Quo Vadis? The Bible's Real Message About Animals
- Radharani and Champa...Deadly Elephant Tragedy in India
- Reflection on the Lectionary
- Reform the Scandal-Prone Kosher Meat Industry? Let’s Get Real.
- Religion and Vegetarianism - Some Surprising Results
- Religion and Other Animals
- Religion, Science and Truth: The Future of Man and Earth
- Religious and Philosophical Perspectives on Animals: From Genesis to Derrida
- Renewed Efforts to Stop Chicken-Swinging Ritual During Yom Kippur
- Response to Unitarian-Universality Draft on Ethical Eating
- Restoring and transforming the ancient New Year for Animals
- Review of Encyclical: Laudato Si' of the Holy Father Francis: On Care for Our Common Home
- Rights, Wrongs and the Golden Rule
- Ritual Animal Sacrifice
- Ritual Slaughter
- Sacred Activism in the Service of Animals
- Science-Faith and The "God Delusion"
- Singer on Animal Rights and God
- Spiritual Determination Finds Ways to Overcome Obstacles and Adversity
- Spirituality and Vegetarianism
- Strength to Love
- Suffering of Chickens in the Kaporos Ritual: The Facts
- Synopsis: NYC Bar Association Law Forum on Kaporos
- Task Force on Animals - Diocese of Olympia
- Thanksgivukah: Giving Thanks for Miracles
- The African Hebrew Israelites of Jerusalem are Vegans
- The Animals' Padre
- The Blessings of the Animals in the Philippines
- The Buddha and Vegetarianism (and Jesus, For That Matter)
- The Call to Mercy
- The Conscience: Our Guide to a Truly New Year
- The Covenant with All Living Creatures
Beginning from the Beginning
Hope for the Future
Bargains within the Covenant
Things are God's Love
*Readers' Comments *
- The End of Hunting and Fishing in the Wild
- The Five Universal Taboos and Animal Use
- The General Deliverance
Part I. What was the original state of the brute creation?
Part II. In what state is it at present?
Part III. In what state will it be at the manifestation of the children of God?
- The Empathosphere, Human and Non-Human Feeling and Awareness
- The Golden Rule: The Universal Ethic
- The Immorality of Meat Eating
- The Inner Light and the Honor Code
- The Land Where Only Humans Really Count
- The Meaning of Compassion
- The Power of Ahimsa
- The Thanksgiving Myth
- The Torah/Bible Verse That Turned Two Meat Eaters into Beet Eaters
- The Unholiest of Contests: Taiwan's Pig of Gods (POG)
- The Way of Vegan
- The Word Made Flesh
- The New Ethics
- They're Already Dead... As an Excuse to Eat Animals
- This I Believe: A Statement About My Religious Beliefs
- This Purim, Meet the New Esther, a Savior - For Our Times and Her Species
- Thou Shalt Not Eat Meat!
- To Kiss Salamanders and Stones
- Toward a Theology of Animals
- Use a Sharp Knife: Islam and Animal Rights
- Vegetarianism and the Major World Religions
[PowerPoint: Vegetarianism and the Major World Religions]
- Vegetarianism in the Religious Traditions
- Verbal Activism: "Anymal"
- Warehousing Animals is Beneath Humanity's Moral Dignity
- Was John Paul II a Saint to the Animals?
- Waters of the Faroe Islands Run Red With Another Horrific Grind
- What does a dead lion have to do with abortion? Nothing, but while we’re on the subject...
- What Is the Bible's Diet?
- What Is the Blessing over Meat?
- What is Witnessing, and Why Is It Important for Transforming Carnism?
- What the Genesis Story Tells us About the Animals
- What the World Needs Now
- When the Famous Rabbi Met the Frightened Calf
- Which animals would St. Francis bless today?
- Why Animal Protection Advocates Are Lauding Pope Francis’s Encyclical, Laudato Si’
- Why Are Few Spiritual Teachers Vegan?
- Why Aren’t More Christians Vegan? A Question for Lent
- Why Being Vegan Is Not ‘Like a Religion’
- Why Jews Should Oppose Ag-Gag Laws
- Why SeaWorld's "Praise Wave" Concert is Unworthy of Our Praise
- Why the Churches Are Failing
- Why Vegan
- Why You Should Care about the Faith-Based Arguments For (and Against) Animal Liberation
- Will Religion Finally Kill Off the Elephants?
- Withdrawing Support For Animal Cruelty
- Wolves, Economy, and Faith
- You Who Dare to Oppose Them Are Blessed…
- Your Tax Dollars at Work: Starving, Torturing and Killing Animals